Dr. Henry Kipkogei Rono
Name: Henry Kipkpgei Rono
- Analysis of policy measures to enhance industrial development
- Measures to improve adaptation of clean and/or renewable energy
- Analysis of policy measures to improve blended learning to enhance education and industrial development
- Analyses of challenges in urban development
- Laxmana Kiptoo, Henry K. Rono and Francis Kerre (2023) The Nature of Food Insecurity and Agro-Pastoral Production in the Kerio River Basin; Journal of Policy and Development Studies 2(1) 71-87
- Laxmana Kiptoo, Henry K. Rono and Francis Kerre (2023) The Contribution of Resource Conflict to Food Insecurity in the Kerio River Basin; Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 291), 86-95
- Queenter Ondigo and Henry Rono (2020) The Role of Prison Inmates’ Socio-Economic Characteristics on Rehabilitation Outcomes; IRA-International Journal of Management & Social Sciences (ISSN 2455-2267), 16(4).
- Queenter Ondigo, Henry Rono and Francis Kerre (2020) Institutional Rehabilitation of Inmates and Outcomes in Selected Prisons in Nairobi, Kenya; International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS) 2020 Vol & Issue 7
- Henry K. Rono (Ph.D.) 2021 Potentials of Blended Learning in Professional and Tertiary Education in the African Journal of Health Professional Education 2021, vol. 13
- Henry K. Rono (Ph.D.) 2017 Education Management Information System (EMIS) and Its Implications to Educational Policy: International Journal of Multidisciplinary: Applied Business and Education Research 2017
- Henry K. Rono (2015) Effects of the Blended Learning in Tertiary Education; Africa Journal of Technical and Vocational Education 2015 7(1)
- Henry K. Rono (2013) the Growth and Challenges of the MSMEs in Kenya; Developing Country Studies, ISSN 2225 Vol 3 No. 2
- 28/08/-09/09/2023 Attended Regional training on Infrastructure for Establishment of Nuclear Energy Power Plant; organized by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), US State Department for Energy and the Nuclear Power and Energy Agency (NUPEA)
- 24-28/07/ 2023 Attended Regional training on Executive Public Policy Making Process, organized by the Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
- 26-28/04 2023 Attended Regional Workshop on People Management Skills in the Changing Workplace Environment, organized by Inspirations Management Consultants and the Nuclear Power and Energy Agency (NUPEA)
- 20-22/04 2023 Attended Mwongozo Induction Programme for Boards of the State Corporations
- 27-29/05 2009 Was one of the Principal Consultant to e-learning Africa organized by ICWE GmbH in Dakar, Senegal in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and other stakeholders with the objective to promote development, education and training
- 28-30/05 2008 Was one of the Principal Consultant to e-learning Africa organized by ICWE GmbH in Accra Ghana in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and other stakeholders with the objective to promote development, education and training
- 28-30/05 2008 Was one of the Principal Consultant to e-learning Africa organized by ICWE GmbH in Safari Park, Nairobi, Kenya in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and other stakeholders with the objective to promote development, education and training
Consultancy Services and Experience
- 2018-2020 Provided technical support to assessment, design, development and rollout of the TVET MIS for the TVET Authority (TVETA) for the State Department of the Vocational and Technical Education, Ministry of Education; covering over 550 technical institutions and over 420, 000 learners. https://www.tveta.go.ke/#
- 2018-2020 Assessed and designed ICT component of the Basic Education Scholarships (BES) to be administered by the Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) on behalf of the State Department for Basic Education and to coordinate with other agencies that supported scholarships in basic education including Kenya Commercial Bank, Equity Bank, and Cooperative Bank among others.
- 2017-2020 Assessment, design, development and rollout of the TVET MIS for the Ministry of Education, State Department of the Vocational and Technical Education, Ministry of Education; covering over 150 technical institutions and over 200,000 learners
- 2012-2015 Assessment, design, development and implementation of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) Health Insurance Subsidy Programme (HISP); toward NHIF based social protection policy; to support disadvantaged or vulnerable members
- 2010-2015 A member of the Coordinating Committee for establishment of the National Open University of Kenya and National e-Learning Institute. The National e-Learning Institute is intended to support e-learning within the National Open University of Kenya, tertiary institutions and other sectors in education.
- 2008-2012 Business plan, economic and financial analyses for NHIF Karen Medical Referral Institute to address specialized diseases and medical tourism in East Africa Region. It also included structuring investment for PPP framework and strategy.
- 2006-2007 Needs Assessment and Design for Upgrading of the National Polytechnics to Universities of Technology; Ministry of Science and Technology in collaboration with the Commission of Higher Education (CHE).
- 2006-2008 Needs Assessment and Design for Rwanda National Data Centre, Rwanda, required and necessary to support implementation of Government Policies, Development Plans and conversion to digital modes. The initiative was being implemented jointly by the Office of the President, Ministry of Information and Communication Technologies and Rwanda Information Technology Authority (RITA).
- 2005-2017 Designed and Harmonized Healthcare Digital Card; Ministry of Health, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) and the Kenya Medical Supplies Agency (KEMSA).
- 2004-2005 Lead Consultant for Validation of the Needs Assessment and Design for Education Management Information System (EMIS); Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in collaboration with Education Agencies that included TSC, KNEC, HELB and KIE.
- 1996-2000 Principal Consultant to consortium of donors that included Economic Development Institute (EDI) of the World Bank, UNDP and ILO on modernization of computer and information systems for Management Training Institutions Eastern and Southern Africa that also encompassed Organization Development and capacity building
- 1998-2003 Principal Consultant to UNDP/Ministry of Health on modernization and rationalization of NHIF, including development of ICT infrastructure. This was one of the remarkable reform programmes that led to modern NHIF
- 1998-2002 Lead Consultant for the initial Needs Assessment and Design for Education Management Information System (EMIS); Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in collaboration with Education Agencies that included TSC, KNEC, HELB and KIE.
- 1996-1997 Principal Consultant to Computerization and modernization of the Voters Register and Database for the 1997 General Election Countrywide. Indeed, it was one of the most challenging tasks with substantial logistical difficulties.
- 1996-1997 Principal Consultant UNDP/(GOK) DPM on enhancement of capacity in the Government training institutions.
- 1994-1998 Consultant to the Commission for Higher Education in collaboration with World Bank on a project aimed at equipping public universities with computer and modern Information Systems for management information systems, teaching and training in computer studies and information technology.
- 1995-1996 Consultant to the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) in collaboration with World Bank on structural adjustment reforms and modernization on use and adoption of computer and information
- 1992-1993 Consultant to the Ministry of Finance, Account Generals, Eastern and Southern Africa in collaboration with Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) on improvement of Government Accounting Systems and enhancement on computerization of budgeting and accounting in Eastern and Southern African countries
- 1990-1992 Lead consultant to Association of Management training Institutions Eastern and Southern Africa (AMTIESA) in collaboration with Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) on adoption and utilization of computer technology among its member institutions, as well as on action research programmes aimed at organizational development of their client organizations.
- 1987-1992 Consultant to Ministry of Health (GOK) in collaboration with Swedish International Development Authority (SIDA), on development of information systems for management of environmental healthcare programmes.
- 1986-1987 Principle Analyst to USAID/Ministry of Agriculture on a project assessing production and marketing of agricultural commodities between 1987 and 2011 for purposes of investment strategies and capacity building in agricultural sector
Member of the Boards
- 2022 - 2023: Members of the Board of the Nuclear Power and Energy Agency (NUPEA)
- 2003 -2009: Member of the Board of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)
- 1993 -2002: Member of the Board of the Kenya Industrial Estate (KIE)
Affiliation of Professional Bodies
- The International Society for Applied Computing (ISAC)
- The Computer Society of Kenya (CSK)
- Kenya Health Informatics Association (KeHIA)