School of Health Sciences, Department of Nursing Sciences
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION: Nursing and Public Health.
RESEARCH INTEREST: Reproductive Health and Nursing.
Registered for PhD: 2009.
Kenyatta University 1998 – 2001: – Masters in Public Health & Epidemiology.
University of Nairobi 1984 – 1986: -DAN, KRCHN – Advanced Nursing and Community Health.
RM- Matter Hospital Nairobi
RN- Agkhan University Nairobi.
PRESENTATION OF PAPERS
- Nursing Council of Kenya, USAID, MSH “Leadership and Management in Nursing.” 19th – 21st August 2013 at Safari Park Hotel. Presented a paper “Graduate Education in Nursing.”
- Factors that Influence Management of Postpartum Haemorrhage among midwives in a rural setting in Kenya April, 2021Doris Mumbi Muthoni. Priscilla Kabue. Elizabeth Kurwa Ambani.
- Chapter 11 “Comprehensive Care following sexual violence” Book Title – Horizons of Rape in Kenya by Dr. Okello Agina, Dr. James Ayugi, Mrs. Elizabeth Ambani. ISSN – 978-3-659-26194-7.
CONSULTANCY AND COMMUNITY SERVICE:
- Appointed as a staff mentor on 17/12/2019 in the programme for 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 Academic years.
- Pwani University on BSc Nursing.
- Development of Log book and clinical area objectives for BSc Nursing 2010.
- Development of Institutional Based curriculum for Diploma holders for Kenyatta University 2008.
- Development of Kenyatta University BSc Nursing Curriculum Kenyatta University 2005.
- Masters Programme curriculum in collaboration with AKH, Makerere 2010.
- Mentoring of Secondary School Students male and females and parents of the same.
- Participated in a Training of Mentors Workshop for staff mentors and growing leaders facilitators on 7th November 2019 organized by Kenyatta university and DePaul University.
- Training in EPI Mid-Level Management Course (MLM) by Ministry of Health held from 24th February to 6th March 2014 at Travellers Beach Hotel, Mombasa.
- Mentors Capacity Building Seminar at Business and Student Services Centre on 10th September 2013.
- 8th International Camp on Mother and Child Health (MCH) Hand book. Use of hand book to achieve MDGS 485 22 – 25th October 2012, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Training of Trainers (TOT) in PALLATIVE CARE 23rd- 28th April 2012
- Workshop for University Management, Kenyatta University Performance Contracting Office of the Prime Minister, 21-22 March 2012
- Workshop for university lecturers, University of Maryland/University of Nairobi, 29/8 – 1/9/2011
- WHO/APOC CDI meeting in Nairobi Kenya 3-5th November, 2010.
- Nursing Council BScN (Nursing Syllabus Review Workshop at AMREF Training Centre 26th – 27th July 2010.
- Integration of Palliative Care into Health Programs Workshop from 12th – 16th July 2010.
- Training of Trainers in Gender and Gender Based Violence – Mombasa 4th – 7th July 2010.
- Training of Trainers in Gender and Gender Based Violence – Arusha 4th – 8th January 2010.
- Participated in a workshop on Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response from 14th – 15th September 2009 at Utalii Hotel Nairobi (Kenya).
- Completed the course in the Management of University Departments/Schools/Directorates held between 19th – 21st August, 2009 at Center for Capacity Development in Higher Education at Kenyatta University.
- Ambani E. and 7 other committee members, 2011, Community Directed Intervention (CDI), African Programmes for Onchocergasis Control (APOC). Submitted proposal waiting for feedback
- Ambani E, Chairperson, Nursing Dept., June 08-July 08, INEPEA (Post graduate project), European Union
- Member of Long Term Plan for Dadaab Campus on 5th June, 2013.
- Member of Reconstitution of the University Ethics Review Committee (ERC) on 8th October 2013.
- The role of community based strategies on reduction of risks to hiv infection among young females in taita/taveta county, kenya.(Funded by Kenyatta University).2015
- Member of Nursing Council of Kenya Board of Examiners.
- Member of National Nurses Association of Kenya (NNAK).
- Member of Board of Governors Mwakitawa Secondary School (community service).
- Patron of Students Nurses Association of Kenyatta University (SNAKU)