Department: Nursing Sciences
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION: Nursing and Public Health.
RESEARCH INTEREST: Reproductive Health and Nursing.
- Chapter 11 “Comprehensive Care following sexual violence” Book Title – Horizons of Rape in Kenya by Dr Okello Agina, Dr James Ayugi, Mrs Elizabeth Ambani. ISBN – 978-3-659-26194-7.
- Factors that Influence Management of Postpartum Haemorrhage among midwives in a rural setting in Kenya April 2021 Doris Mumbi Muthoni. Priscilla Kabue. Elizabeth Kurwa Ambani.
- Quality of Life and symptoms Burden in Cancer Patients in KenyaJanuary 2021 SSRN Electronic Journal 01/ 2021. Phillip Soita, Lister Onsongo, Elizabeth Ambani
- NationalTraining and Mentorship Package for Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (EmONC) Mentor Manual 2022 together with MoH
Presentation of Papers
- Nursing Council of Kenya, USAID, MSH “Leadership and Management in Nursing.” 19th – 21st August 2013 at Safari Park Hotel. Presented the paper “Graduate Education in Nursing.”
- Chairman School of Nursing Post Graduate Committee from 10 April 2017 to date
- Appointed as Postgraduate Departmental Coordinator on 20/11/2020
- Member of Reconstitution of the University Ethics Review Committee (ERC) on 8th October 2013- 2018.
- Member of Long-Term Plan for Dadaab Campus on 5th June 2013.
- Chairman of Community Directed Interventions Committee 2011 APOC/WHO Programme.
- Member of an Ad-Hoc Committee appointed by the Vice-Chancellor to look into the issues concerning equipment for the School of Health Sciences in
- Member of Senate Ad-Hoc Committee to look into the new university programmes and revised programmes presented for approval by the senate in 2010.
- Member of the Medical School Board of Kenyatta University.
- Member of the students' appeals committee of Kenyatta University from March 2010 up to 2014.
- Member of Rapid Results Initiative Committee of Kenyatta University.
- Member of the committee that developed Policies on Field Trips of Kenyatta University
- Participated in the Continuum of care Package Workshop from 20/2/2023- 25/2/2023 for MoH at 67Airport Hotel Machakos prepared the participators Manual and the Mentors manual
- Underwent training on Global Ultrasound Institute Obstetric Point- Of- Care ultra Sound Course by Kenyatta University, GUSI AND BUTTERFLY from 3RD October-7TH October 2022 at Kenyatta University
- Participated in an EmONC Mentorship Package Development Workshop for the Ministry of Health from 27th -31st July 2020
- Participated in training of staff mentors’ Workshop and Growing Leaders’ Facilitators on 7/11/2019 organized by KU and De Paul University
- Participated in a workshop on Research Administration and Grant Writing held at the College of Health Sciences UON from 22-25 October 2019 organized by the Partnership for Health Research Training in Kenya (P- HERT) program
- Trained in Risk Management from 9th – 11th May 2018 at KUCC Kenyatta University
- Training of Coordinators on Risk Management at Kenyatta University on 9-11th May 2018.
- Training on Skills Laboratory Methodology at AMREF on12-16th March 2018.
- Stakeholders Workshop on Nurses Prescribing Opioids in Kenya by Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association (KEHPCA) Nairobi.
- Training in Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) Mid-Level Management Course (MLM) by Ministry of Health held from 24th February to 6th March 2014 at Travellers Beach Hotel, Mombasa.
- Mentors Capacity Building Seminar at Business and Student Services Centre Kenyatta University on 10th September 2013.
- Training in Medical Bioethics 3rd - 5th July 2013 at Silver Springs Nairobi organized by UON.
- 8th International Camp on Mother and Child Health (MCH) Handbook. Use of handbook to achieve MDGs 485 22 – 25th October 2012, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Participated in the Student Engagement Faculty Development Workshop organized by The Aga Khan University and conducted by The Rotary Foundation, Vocational Training Team (VTT) from Dan Diego, USA on June 13-14, 2012.
- Training in Effective Methods of Teaching Palliative Care 23rd to 26th April 2012 at Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association (KEHPCA) Nairobi.
- Participated in Medical Education Innovative Teaching Methodologies Workshop conducted by PACE from August 29th – September 1st, 2011 at KAVI, University of Nairobi.
- WHO/APOC CDI meeting in Nairobi Kenya 3-5th November 2010.
- Nursing Council BScN (Nursing Syllabus Review Workshop at AMREF Training Centre 26th – 27th July 2010.
- Integration of Palliative Care into Health Programs Workshop from 12th – 16th July 2010 by Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association (KEHPCA) Nairobi.
- Facilitated Training of Trainers in Gender and Gender-Based Violence – Mombasa 4th – 7th July 2010.
- Training of Trainers in Gender and Gender-Based Violence – Arusha 4th – 8th January 2010.
- Participated in a workshop on Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response from 14th – 15th September 2009 at Utalii Hotel Nairobi (Kenya).
- Completed the course in the Management of University Departments/Schools/Directorates held between 19th – 21st August 2009 at Center for Capacity Development in Higher Education at Kenyatta University.
- Infection Prevention and Control from 5th – 7th September 2009 at Safari Park Hotel.
- Workshop – Management of University Departments/Schools/Directorates from 19th – 21st August 2009 at KUCC, Kenyatta University.
- Workshop – Partnership for Higher Education (PHEA) Educational Technology Initiative Workshop from 19th - 21st May 2009.
- Workshop – UNFPA at Naivasha Great Rift Valley for 2009
- Workshop – Inter-Agency Working Group (IAWG) from 4th – 8th November 2008, Cairo, Egypt.
- Workshop – Senior Management Team Building Workshop held at Traveller’s Beach Hotel, Mombasa on 10th July 2008. Theme: Working Together Towards a World Class University.
- Rapid Results Workshop at School of monetary Studies (2007).
- Midwives/Nurses International Conference at Safari Park Hotel - 5th to 9th November (2007).
- Introduction to Computer Skills – Agakhan University December (2006).
- E-learning Training for upgrading Nurses – AMREF (2006).
- Workshop for KU Senior Managers
- HIV/AIDS Facilitators Training on attitudes – (2004).
- Clinical Training Skills Course at Silver Spring Hotel Nairobi (2002).
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Course at Machakos for 6weeks (1997).
- One-week seminar at the Kenya National Museums Nairobi on Reproductive Health and AIDS (1994).
- Patron of Taita/Taveta Students Association from 2012 to date
- Member of Nursing Council of Kenya Board of Examiners.
- Member of National Nurses Association of Kenya (NNAK) KU branch.
- Member of the Board of Governors Mwakitawa Secondary School (community service) from 2011 to 2016 as part of community service.
- Was Patron of the Students Nurses Association of Kenyatta University (SNAKU) from 2006 till 2015