Dr. Grace Kirigo Githemo
Title/Qualifications: Lecturer (PhD)
- Mtuankure, J. M., Kyalo, A. M., & Githemo, G. (2023). Knowledge of the administration of medications among undergraduate nursing students in selected clinical sites in Kenya. African Journal of Health Sciences, 35(6), 757–767. https://doi.org/10.4314/ajhs.v35i6.10
- Ndungu, P. W., Albanus, M., & Grace, G. (2022). Adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills among senior diploma nursing students in selected nursing colleges in Kenya: a cross sectional study. East Africa Medical journal, 99(9) 5212-5220
- Mtuankure, J. M., Kyalo, A. M., & Githemo, G. (2022). medication administration competency among undergraduate nursing students in selected county referral hospitals in kenya. East Africa Medical journal 99(8), 5077–5085.
- Ndungu, P. W., Albanus, M., & Githemo, G. (2022). Knowledge of Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation among Nursing Students in Selected Nursing Colleges in Kenya. African Journal of Health Sciences, 35(5), 564–573.
- Ronoh, L. C., Githemo, G. K., & Bett, S. C. (2022). Psychosocial Burden and its Determinants among Caregivers of Children with Colostomy at a National Referral Hospital in Kenya. 11(4), 55–64. https://doi.org/10.9790/1959-
- Nduati, J. M., Githemo, G. K., & Ameyo, J. W. (2022). Determinants of Kidney Transplantation Uptake among Chronic Kidney Disease Patients on Haemodialysis at Selected National Referral Hospitals in Kenya. International Journal of Recent Advances in Multidisciplinary Topics 3(8), 99–108.
- Maureeen, Y., Githemo, G., & Jonathan, W. (2022). Patient Factors Influencing The use of Peritoneal Dialysis For Management Of End Stage Renal Disease at a National Hospital In Kenya. Kenyan Journal of Nursing &Midwifery, 2021; 6 (1):49-61
- Kariuki, Githemo G, Ngugi J (2022). Determinants of Neonatal Care Practices Among Postnatal Mothers at The Kiambu And Thika Hospitals ,. Kenyan Journal of Nursing &Midwifery 7(1), 47–69.
- Mugi, E., Githemo, G., & Wala, J. (2021). Psychological Stressors among Hemodialysis Patients in Selected County Dialysis Centre ’ s in Kenya. Nursing and Primary Care, 5(1), 1–6.
- Nyahera, D. K., Githemo, G., & Onsongo, L. N. (2021). Quality Of Life For Kidney Donors After Donation At A National Referal and Teaching Hospital in Kenya. Kenyan Journal of Nursing &Midwifery, 2021; 6 (1): 23-3123–31.
- Nyambura, A., Githemo, G., & Wala, J. (2021). Patient-related factors that influence adherence to post- kidney transplant treatment among kidney allograft recipients at a National Referal Hospital in Kenya.. Kenyan Journal of Nursing &Midwifery, 2021; 6 (1):49-61 ©Numid
- Githemo K.G.,Karani A., Ogutu, M., & Gachoka, H. (2017). Patient ’ s Participation in Nursing Care : an Integration of Orems Theory to the Nursing Process at Two Public Hospitals in Kenya. Nursing and health care international journal , 1(3) 1–13.
- Githemo G., Karani, A., Ogutu, M., & Gachoka, H. (2017). Nurses knowledge , Perspectives and Practice of the nursing Process in Two Public Hospitals in Kenya : an Interventional Study. Journal of Nursing and health care 2(2), 1–7.
- Githemo G, Karani A.K, Ogutu, M., & Gachoka, H. (2018). Evaluation of Patient Satisfaction with Nursing Care at Two Public Hospitals in Kenya : An Interventional Study. Nursing and health care international journal,2(4) 1–8.
MODULES DEVELOPED FOR KENYATTA UNIVERSITY
- HNS 801: Advanced Practice Nursing and Theories
- HNS 838: Health Systems Management
- HNS 426: Health Services management
- HNS 356: Introduction to Nursing Management
- HNS 357: Nursing Management and Leadership Concepts
- HNS 388: Health services management and Health Economics
- Dr Grace Githemo, Dr. Mena Cayetana Ramos and Dr. Sachita Shah: The Butterfly effect. Presented at the International Maternal and Newborn Health Conference held in Capetown South Africa 8th-11th May 2023
- Githemo. G; (22nd-24th May 2018): Patient ’ s Participation in Nursing Care : An Integration of Orems Theory to the Nursing Process in the care of fistula survivors. Paper presented in the first International Reproductive Health Conference held at Kenyatta University conference Center
- Githemo, G. (20th August 2013). Teaching nursing leadership and management. Paper Presented during the Nursing council of Kenya symposium and the Panafric Hotel, Nairobi
- Githemo, G. (September 2007). Utilization of performance appraisal results by nurse managers in public hospitals. Paper presented at the national Nurses Association national conference at in Nairobi