Department: Medical Surgical Nursing and Clinical Sciences
To be an expert in clinical, academia and research health related issues in Nursing.
Critical Care Nursing, Trauma and Emergency Nursing, Perioperative Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing, Nursing Education, Geriatric Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Oncology and Palliative Nursing, Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases, Community Health Nursing
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Julius Ho. J, Odhiambo.G, Meng’anyi. L.W, Musuva. R.M, Mule.J.M, Alaly.Z.S, Odiere. M.R., Mwinzi.P.N. & Ganley-Leal.L. Evaluation of medicine retail outlets for sale of typhoid fever vaccine among adults in two urban and rural settings in western Kenya: a proof-of-concept study. Biomed Central Health Services Research.2016. 16:527 DOI 10.1186/s12913-016-1788-5
- Lucy W. Meng’anyi, Lilian A. Omondi and Margaret N. Muiva. Assessment of nurses interventions in the Management of Clinical Alarms in the critical care unit, Kenyatta National Hospital, a cross sectional study. BMC Nursing (2017) 16:41 DOI 10.1186/s12912-017-0235-1
- Lucy W. Meng’anyi, Lilian A. Omondi, Margaret .N. Muiva, Sino. Z. Alaly. Nurses’ knowledge in the management of clinical alarms in the Critical Care Unit of a Tertiary hospital, a cross-sectional study. EPH - International Journal of Medical and Health Science ISSN: 2456 – 6063
- Beth W. Wachira, Lucy W. Meng’anyi, Ruth M Gathoni. Knowledge, Perception and Uptake of Prostate Cancer Screening: A Cross Sectional Study at a Level III Hospital in Kenya. Public Health Research (2018) pp. 81-87 DOI: 10.5923/j.phr.20180804.01
- Mbugua, R. G., Meng’anyi, L. W., & Gatutha, R. (2017, September 30). High Risk Sexual Behaviors and HIV Knowledge among Male Inmates: A Cross Sectional Study in Nakuru G.K Prison, Kenya. EPH - International Journal of Medical and Health Science (ISSN: 2456 - 6063), 3(9). Retrieved from https://ephjournal.com/index.php/mhs/article/view/249
- Catherine Mwangi, Lucy W. Meng’anyi, Ruth G. Mbugua. Utilization of the Nursing Process among Nurses Working at a Level 5 Hospital, Kenya. International Journal of Nursing Science 2019, 9(1): 1-11 DOI: 10.5923/j.nursing.20190901.01
- Sammy Kithinji Kamaingi, Lucy Wankuru Meng’anyi. Factors Associated with Non-Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy among Adult Clients in a Comprehensive Care Center at a Health Center; Kiambu County, Kenya. Public Health Research p-ISSN: 2167-7263 e-ISSN: 2167-7247 (2019) 9(4): 65-76 doi:10.5923/j.phr.20190904.01
- Diana Kainza Munyao, Lucy Wankuru Meng’anyi. Factors Contributing to Back Pain among Nurses in a Maternity Ward at a Level 5 Hospital, Kenya. International Journal of Nursing Science p-ISSN: 2167-7441 e-ISSN: 2167-745X 2020; 10(2): 33-38 doi:10.5923/j.nursing.20201002.01
- Catherine Chacha Men’ganyi, Elvis Oyugi, Elizabeth Mgambi, Maryanne Gachari, Lucy Wankuru Meng’anyi. Utilization of Blood Transfusion Services among Patients Admitted in Migori County Referral Hospital, Kenya. Kenyan Journal of Nursing & Midwifery, 2020; 5:2, 89-97. ISSN: 2518-8631.