Dr. George Otieno
Refereed Journal Articles
Judy Wairimu Mugo, Vincent Onywera, Judith Waudo, Ochieng George Otieno, (2018), Functionality of Elderly Persons: A Comparison Between Institutionalized and Non – Institutionalized Elderly Persons in Nairobi City County, in Kenya, World Journal of Public Health, 3(1): 9-15
- Maureen Atieno Adoyo, George Ochieng Otieno, Charles Omondi Oyaya (2018), Unmet HIV/AIDS Services Needs amongst Adolescent and Children in Kenya, International Journal of Health Sciences & Research (www.ijhsr.org), Vol.8; Issue: 7.
- Muturi SG, Otieno G.O, Ngatiri G, Muhoho N, (2017), Pattern of epidemics monitoring data reporting among health facilities in Nairobi City County, Kenya, East and Central Africa Medical Journal; 3(1): 7-13
- Aden Hussein Ibrahim, Eliab Seroney Some, Ochieng Otieno (2017), Dropout from Routine Immunization among children 12-23 months of age in Garissa Sub County, Kenya, Researchjournali’s Journal of Public Health Vol. 3 : No. 3
- Judy Wairimu Mugo, Vincent Onywera, Judith Waudo, Ochieng George Otieno, (2017), Nutritional Status of Elderly Persons: A Comparison Between Institutionalized and Non – Institutionalized Elderly Persons in Nairobi City County, in Kenya, International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS), 4(10): 199-204
- Gachoka J. K.; Otieno G. O.;Yitambe A. O, (2018), Effects of Training on Quality of Clinical Coding at Mbagathi County Referral Hospital, Nairobi City County, Kenya, International Journal for Innovation Education and Research: 6 (01)
- J. G. Kiongo, G. O. Otieno, Andre Yitambe, 2018, Quality of Clinical Coding at Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital, Nairobi City County, Kenya, The International Journal Of Science & Technoledge (ISSN 2321 – 919X), 6(1): 43-46
- Kathini E., Yitambe A., Ochieng O, G. (2018). Health Information Technology Utilization in Patient Safety Promotion by Health Care Workers, Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital, Nairobi City County, Kenya. International Journal of Current Business and Social Sciences, Volume, 1 Issue, 8 pp,62-77
- Kenneth K. Rucha, Ochieng Otieno, Michael M. Gicheru, Andre Yitambe, Predicators of Health Workers Adoption of Information and Communication Technology in Selected Health Centers in Nairobi County, Kenya, Journal of Management and World Business Research, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2016
- Nancy Mugure Njoka, George Ochieng Otieno, Peter Mwaniki, Solomon Kemoi Cheboi, Appreciating the Essence of Post Natal Care Services from Mothers’ Perspective in Kiambu, Kenya British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research 20(3): 1-13, 2017; Article no.BJMMR.32196
- Gabriel M. Kishoyian, Yunis B. Osinyo, Jane N. Kishoyian, George O. Otieno, Factors contributing to malnutrition among children under five years of age in Machakos County level five Hospital, Kenya, World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research, 3(2), 01-12, 2017
- Oikeh Eboreime I.O, Otieno G.O, Okumbe G.M, 2016, Determinants of inequalities in self-perceived health among the urban poor in Kenya: A gender perspective, Global Journal of Medicine and Public Health, Vol. 5, No. 3,: 1-12
- Mutuma Agnes Muthoni, Otieno George Ochieng, Kei Robert Mburugu, Ndege Samson, Ndwiga Taratisio, Gacheri Rose, 2016, Socio-Demographic Characteristics Influencing Uptake of Screening for Cervical Cancer in Women Aged 18-49 Years in Imenti North Sub-county, Meru County, Kenya, Science Journal of Public Health 2016; 4(2): 94-99
- Brendah Obura, Solomon Cheboi, George Ochieng Otieno,John Paul Oyore and John G. Kariuki, 2016, Contextual Analysis and Perceptions of Health Workers on Migration: Perspective from Kenyatta National Hospital Staff, Nairobi Kenya, Journal of Advances in Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 8(2): 1-11, 2016, Article no.JAMPS.25748
- Wairiuko W. Judy, Cheboi K. Solomon, Ochieng George, Oyore John P, 2015, Understanding the Context of Healthcare Access among the Elderly in Informal Settlement Kibera, Nairobi, Kenya, International Journal of Health Sciences & Research (www.ijhsr.org) Vol.5; Issue: 11; November 2015
- Mulingwa W. Margaret, Cheboi K. Solomon, Oyore P. John, Otieno G. Ochien’g, (2016), Performance of community health workers in Njiru District, Nairobi County, Kenya, International Journal of Medical and Health Research, Volume 2; Issue 2; Page No. 04-20
- Adeline E. Munuo, Beatrice W. Mugendi, Onesmo A. Kisanga, George O. Otieno (2016), Nutrition knowledge, attitudes and practices among healthcare workers in management of chronic kidney diseases in selected hospitals in Dar es Salaam,Tanzania; a cross-sectional study, BMC Nutrition 2:6, DOI 10.1186/s40795-016-0045-y
- Wamae P.M, Githeko A.K., Otieno G.O., Kabiru E.W., Duombia S.O., 2015, Early biting of the Anopheles gambiae s.s. and its challenges to vector control using insecticide treated nets in western Kenya highlands, Acta Tropica 150: 136–142
- Mehmet Top, Ali Yilmaz, Erdem Karabulut, Ochieng George Otieno, Melahat Saylam, Sevgi Bakır, Sümbül Top, 2015, Validation of a Nurses’ Views on Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMR) Questionnaire in Turkish Health System, Journal of Medical Systems 39: 67, doi: 10.1007/s10916-015-0250-2. Epub 2015 May 9.
- Norbert Wekesa, Gabriel Kishoyian, George Otieno, 2015, Prevalence of Trichomonas Infection among clients attending Meru County level five hospital, Kenya, International Journal of Microbiology and Bioinformatics- Vol.5, Issue, 5, pp. 6-9, May
- Sarah C Keogh, Kenzo Fry, Edwin Mbugua, Mark Ayallo, Heidi Quinn, George Otieno and Thoai D Ngo. 2014, Vocal local versus pharmacological treatments for pain management in tubal ligation procedures in rural Kenya: a non-inferiority trial, BMC Women's Health, 14:21
- Otieno G O, Hinako T, Motohiro A, Daisuke K, Keiko N. 2008, Measuring Effectiveness of Electronic Medical Records systems: towards building a Composite Index for benchmarking hospitals. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 77(10): 657-669.
- Otieno G O, Hinako T, Kanai P, Motohiro A, Keiko N. 2007, Nurses’ views on the use, quality and user satisfaction with electronic medical records: questionnaire development. Journal of Advanced Nursing; 60(2): 209-219.
- Otieno G O, Hinako T, Daisuke K, Motohiro A, Keiko N. 2007, Sophistication of information technology in healthcare: A comparison among a sample of hospitals in Japan. Electronic journal of health informatics; 2(2): e12.
- Otieno G O, Hinako T, Daisuke K, Motohiro A, Keiko N. 2006, EMR Effectiveness: Development and statistical validation of a survey instrument to measure use of, quality of and user satisfaction with EMR from the viewpoint of Physicians. Japan Journal of Medical Informatics; 26(5): 323-332.
- Otieno G O, Hosoi R. 2005, Factors influencing diffusion of electronic medical records: a case study in three healthcare institutions in Japan. Health Information Management Journal; 34(4): 120-129.
REFEREED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- Rucha K.K, Ochieng Otieno, Gicheru M.M, Yitambe A, A study of factors influencing health workers adoption of information and communication technology in HIV and AIDS Comprehensive Care Centres in Nairobi County, Kenya. In the proceedings of 7th Biennial Conference of the Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development, Cracow, Poland, 18-21 July, 2016, vol. 7, No.1, 2016 ISBN 978-0-9943178-4-1, pg 53-58
- Rucha K.K, Ochieng Otieno, Gicheru M.M, Yitambe A, Perception of health workers on information communication technology adoption in HIV and AIDS Comprehensive Care Centres in Nairobi County, Kenya. In the proceedings of 7th Biennial Conference of the Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Development, Cracow, Poland, 18-21 July, 2016, vol. 7, No.1, 2016 ISBN 978-0-9943178-4-1, pg 72-79
- Mutuma A.M, Otieno G.O, Ndege, 2016, Factors Uptake of Screening Cervical Cancer in Imenti North Sub-County, Meru County, Kenya, Kenya Medical Training College Scientific Conference, KMTC, Nairobi Kenya
- Otieno G.O., Toyama H., Asonuma M., Koide D., Naitou K. 2007, A composite index for evaluating electronic medical records systems: work in progress. In the proceedings of the MedInfo 2007 conference, Brisbane, Australia, P200.
- Otieno G.O., Toyama H., Asonuma M., Koide D., Naitou K. 2006, A composite index for evaluating electronic medical records systems: work in progress. In the proceedings of the 26th Joint conference on medical informatics, Japan. Japan Journal of Medical Informatics, 26 (Suppl.), 266-267.
- Otieno G.O, 2001, MCQs in Ordinary Diploma Final Examinations for Medical Laboratory Sciences students at KMTC; How good are they? at the Conference of the Association of Kenya Medical Laboratory Scientific Officers held in Kakamega-Bishop Nicholus Stam.
- Otieno G.O, 2001, Reliability and validity of final Diploma examinations in Medical Laboratory Sciences-KMTC at the Conference of the Association of Kenya Medical Laboratory Scientific Officers held in Kakamega-Bishop Nicholus Stam.
- Otieno G.O and Kangero V. M. 2000, Review of Ordinary Diploma Curriculum in the Faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences, KMTC at the conference of Association of Kenya Medical Laboratory Scientific Officers held in Nyeri -Green Hills Hotel.
- Otieno G.O and Kariuki P.K. 2008, Are we ready for the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)? at the conference of Association of Kenya Medical Laboratory Scientific Officers held in Kisii –Gusii Institute of Technology..