- Karanja, A., Njeru, E. M. and Maingi, J., Assessment of physicochemical changes during composting rice straw with chicken and donkey manure. International Journal of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture. 2019, pp 1–8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40093-019-0270-x
- Karanja, A., Maingi, J. and Njeru, E. M. Evaluation of maturity levels and heavy metal content in composts made from rice straw. 2019, Advances in Agricultural Science.
- Karanja, A., Kotut, K. and Gitonga, N. Assessment of Physico-chemical Properties of Kasarani Section of River Thome, Nairobi. Journal of Geography, Environment and Earth Science International, 3(4), 2015, pp 1-5; Article no.JGEESI.20051 ISSN: 2454-7352
Ongoing and Past Research
- Assessment of physicochemical and bacteriological quality of River Thome, Nairobi.
- Prevalence of waterborne diseases and Assessment of Bacteriological quality of municipal and borehole water supplies in Nairobi Kenya.
- Effect of sulphur oxidizing bacteria onsimulated concrete sewerage systems.
- Isolation and characterization of bioactive antimicrobial endophytes in Aloe vera and Azadirachtaindica.
- In vitro antibacterial activity ofselected honey samples on Yersinia enterocolitica obtained from raw pork in Nyeri County.
- Biodegradation of polythene and reusable carrier bags in waste landfills in Nairobi and Kisumu Counties, Kenya.
- Bacterial and heavy metalcontamination of Brassica oleracea acephalagrown in peri-urban area of Kericho town, Kericho County, Kenya.
- Genetic diversity and vector competence of Aedesaegyptipopulations in Kisumu and Malaba for Zika and Chikungunya viruses.
Conferences and Workshops Attended
- June 2023:Technology Development Programme, Royal Academy of Engineering, UK
- November 2022: Sciencepreneurship & Knowledge Management Conference Conference Committee Member, Theme Convener & Rapporteur
- November 2022: Patent Drafting Boot Camp Kenya Intellectual Property Institute
- September 2022: Technology Transfer & Commercialization Workshop Research Division, KU & HNU
- June 2021: Technology Transfer & Commercialization Workshop, Research Division, KU & HNU
- October 2022:Regional Workshop on Universalization and Effective Implementation of the Biological Weapons Convention in Eastern Africa.
- November 2021: Sustainability Conference Corporate Commitment to Climate Change in Kenya, KCIC
- October 2021: Capacity Building Webinar on Green-Economy and Sustainability UNESCO & Kenyatta University
- June 2021: International Workshop on Sustainable Development Goals Recirculate and Actuate, Nigeria
- May 2022: Keynote Spearker, Blue Economy and Sustainable Marine Tourism, Sustainable Tourism Africa Summit 2022
- June 2021:International Workshop on Sustainable Development Goals Recirculate and Actuate, Nigeria
- May 2021; Waste to Wealth Workshop Recirculate and Actuate, Nigeria
- December 2020: Communicating Climate Change and Blue Economy Oral presentation, WANON Media
- December 2020: International Conference of Women Scientists and Engineers,Oral Presentation, KWSE, Korea
- November 2020 Academic-Industry Partnerships for competitive innovations, Conference School of Business, Kenyatta University
- October 2020: Oral presentation Korea Women Scientists and Engineers
- June 2020: Workshop COVID-19 Disease Pandemic
- October 2019: Oral presentation Kenyatta University Biennial Research & Innovation Conference
- August 2019:Poster presentation Africa International Biotechnology and Biomedical Conference
- November 2018: Oral presentation Innovation, University- Industry Conference
- October 2018: Oral and Poster presentation 6th African RUFORUM International Biennial Conference
- August 2018: Poster presentation Africa International Biotechnology and Biomedical Conference.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Member, Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association
- Member, Organisation for Women in Sciences for the Developing World (OWSD)
- Member, American Society of Microbiology
- Member, Engineering 4 Change, Kenya
- Member, African Society of Microbiology