Dr. Richard M. Musau
Chairman of Chemistry Department
T.S Kippsy, S. Swaleh, R. Musau & P Taurus, 2008, Isolation, screening and structure Elucidation of Metabolites for Antimicrobial and Antifungal Activities of the plants, crotalaria Quartinana and ponythrina melanacomtha, VC Kenyatta University, Kshs 300,000
- J.M.Kahindo,C. Sumesh, R. Musau, J.O.Odalo, T. thoruwa (2018). Effect of Rhizoclonium grande saturated fatty Acid Ethyi Esters on Physicochemical and Fuel Properties of Jatropha Curcas Biofuel 2018 Chemical Science Journal 23(1) 1-9
- M.O.Omolo, B.Njiru, I.O.Ndiege, R.M.Musau and A.Hassanali (2013) “Differential Attractiveness of Human Foot Odours to Anopheles gambie Giles sensu strict (Diptera: Culicidae) and Variation in their Chemical Composition” Acta Tropica 128, 144-148.
- S.K.Tumbo, P.K.Tarus, W.Njue, R.M.Musau and S.Swaleh (2013) “Two Pterocarpans and an Ester of Ferulic acid from Erythrina Melanacantha Harms” J. Kenya Chem. Soc. 7(1) 11-17.
- F. Billo, R.M. Musau and A. Whiting (2006) “Approaches to Polymetallated Calixarene Derivatives”, ARKIVOC 199-210.
- W. Njue, M.M. Njuguna and R.M. Musau (1999) "Determination of Aflatoxins in Alcohol Beverages and their Raw Materials using Thin Layer Chromatography" Int. J. BioChemPhys. 8 (1 & 2) 39-43.
- W. Njue, M.M. Njuguna and R.M. Musau (1999) "Determination of Volatile Impurities in Alcohol Beverages Using Gas-Liquid Chromatography", Int. J. BioChemPhys. 8 (1 & 2) 44-47.
- R.M. Musau (1994) “The Synthesis of Furan – Based Macrocycles”, (Ph.D Thesis).
- R.M. Musau and A. Whiting (1994) "Synthesis of Calixfuran macrocycles and Evidence for Gas-Phase Ammonium Ion complexation" J. Chem. SOC. Perkin Trans. 1, 2881-2888.
- R.M. Musau and A. Whiting (1993) "The Synthesis of Furan-derived Calixarenes" J. Chem. Soc. Chemical Communications 1029-1031.
- R.M. Musau and R.M. Munavu (1990) "The Conversion of 2-Furaldehyde into Some Potentially Useful Bifunctional Derivatives". Biomass, 23, 275-287.
- R.M. Musau (1988) “Preparation of Bifunctional Derivatives of 2 – Furaldehyde and 5 – Hydroxymethly – 2 – Furaldehyde (HMF)”, (M.Sc. Thesis).
- R.M. Musau and R.M. Munavu (1987) "The Preparation of 5-Hydroxymethyl-2-Furaldehyde (HMF) from D-Fructose in the Presence of DMSO". Biomass, 13, 67-74.
• SCH 102: Organic Chemistry I
S.C. Chhabra and R.M. Musau
Institute of Open Learning, 2004, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
• SCH 303: Stereochemistry, Conformational Studies and Reaction Mechanisms
R.M. Musau and S. Swaleh
Institute of Open Learning, 2007, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
• SCH 311: Organic Spectroscocopy
S.C. Chhabra and R.M. Musau
Institute of Open Learning, 2005, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
Membership in Professional Societies:
• University of Nairobi Alumni Association
• Manchester University Alumni
• Kenyatta University Alumni
• Kenya Chemical Society
• Kenya DAAD Scholars Association
• Management training in Management of University Departments/Schools/Directorates
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Chemistry (1994)-University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (U.M.I.S.T.)
• Master of Science (M.Sc), Chemistry (1988) - University of Nairobi
• Bachelor of Education (Bed Science) (1983) - University of Nairobi