Dr Ouma Christopher Onyango
Articles in referenced Journals
(1) Kimutai, A, Onyango, C. O., Wafula, M. (2021) Estimation of Finite Population Total in Presence of Missing Values in Two-Phase Sampling. Science Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics 2021; 9(5): 126-132. ISSN: 2376-9491 (Print); ISSN: 2376-9513 (Online).
1) David A. Alila, C.O. Ouma & E.O. Ombaka (2020) Efficiency of Domain mean estimators in the presence of non-response using two stage sampling with non-linear and linear cost functions. Annals of Data Science. Springer.
(2) Bii, K., Ouma C. & Odhiambo, (2020) J. Estimation of a Finite Population Mean under Random Nonresponse Using Kernel Weights. Journal of Probability and Statistics, vol. 2020,
(3) Bii, K. Ouma C. & Odhiambo, J. (2019). Boundary Bias correction using weighted method in the presence of nonresponse in two stage cluster sampling. Journal of Probability and Statistics, vol. 2019, pp1-8.
(4) Bii, K., & Ouma, C. (2018). Estimating a finite population mean under random non-response in two stage cluster sampling with replacement. Journal of Physics. Conf. series 1132 (2018) 012071.
(5) Anekeya, D, Ouma, C & Nyongesa, K (2017). Optimal allocation in Domains Mean estimation using double sampling with non-linear cost function in the presence of non-response. American Journal of Theoretical and Applied Statistics. Vol. 7(2), pp 45-57.
(6) Anekeya, D, Ouma, C & Nyongesa, K (2017). Domain mean estimation using double sampling with nonlinear cost function in the presence of non-response. Science Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statisics. Vol. 6(1), pp 28-42.
(7) Bii , K., & Ouma, C. (2017). Model-Assisted Estimation of Population Mean in Two- Stage Cluster Sampling. Pakistan Journal of Statists Vol.XIII, 1, PP 127-139.
(8) Nanok, J., & Ouma, C (2017). A socio-Economic and environmental analysis of effects of oil exploration on the local community in Lokichar, Turkana County, Kenya. International Journal of Management, Economics and Social Sciences. Vol. 6(3), pp 144-156.
(9) Beatrice, K., Jemimah, W., & Ouma, C (2016). A multivariate analysis of the effects of mobile phone money transfer on Micro and Small Enterprises, Thika Town (Kenya). American Journal of theoretical statistics. Vol.5(3), pp 108-114.
(10) Oyoo D., & Ouma, C. (2014). Estimation of Population Total in the Presence of Missing Values Using a Modified Murthy's Estimator and the Weight Adjustment Technique. American Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, 2014, Vol. 2, No. 3, 163-167.
(11) Teresio M.,John, K & Ouma, C. (2014) Mixture Regression-Cum-Ratio estimator using Multi-Auxiliary variables and attributes in single-phase sampling. Open Journal of statistics. Vol 4, pp 367-376.
(12) Ouma, C., Otieno , R. and Orwa, O., (2010). Generalized Model based Confidence Intervals in two Stage Cluster Sampling.. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operational Research. Volume 6, Number 2, pages 123-139.
(13) Ouma, C.., Otieno, O. and Orwa, O., (2010). Bootstrapping in Model based estimation of a finite population total in two stage Cluster Sampling with unequal Cluster sizes.. Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics. Volume 33, Number 2, Pages 171-184.
(14) Ouma, C. & Wafula C.,(2005) Bootstrap confidence intervals for model-based surveys. East Africa Journal of Statistics Vol 1 No 1,
Ouma, C. (2011) Inference for model Based Surveys in Two Stage Cluster Sampling. Proceedings of the First Kenyatta University International Mathematics Conference, Vol 1 pp 215- 223.
Training in Higher Education.
4th -7th March 2014 Faculty Development program-Strathmore Business School
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops attended.
- 8th June 2011-10th June 2011: 1st Kenyatta University International Mathematics Conference.
- 18th August -20th August 2011:1st Strathmore University Mathematics conference.
- 23rd -27th July 2012: Strathmore Statistical Modelling Workshop
- 17th June-21st June 2013: First Kenyatta University Workshop on Mathematical modelling
- 1st September to 5th September 2014: Strathmore University International school on Mathematical Epidemiology
- 3rd August to 7th August 2015 Strathmore International Mathematics Conference
QUALITY TEACHING, LEARNING AND MENTORSHIP
- 1st December 2010-3nd August 2011- Tutorial fellow- Department of Mathematics, Kenyatta University
- August 2011-to date: Lecturer Department of Mathematics, Kenyatta University.
- Attained student evaluation of above 70% in courses taught.